Nicole
Between the 6th and now, several things have happened. However, the whole deal about the mistaken identity of the cat, the trap, and something that Shawn, Kiera, and Jenni will all get a kick out of is too large of a story to go here and (once it concludes as it is still ongoing), it will be written and go up in The Profile. Yes, I'm sure many of you are now going "What?" I know. You'll just have to wait. Don't worry, you'll find out.

My computer was set up, you knew that, but about a day after mom and dad came back from the grocery store and I was presented with the tiny bit of metal and plastic I needed in order to give life to The Magic Box (yeah, that's what I called it when setting it up - I was in a hurry and just went with it. If you think it's lame, bite me). So yay for that. However, upon waking it up I was greeted to the same sound I received the last two times I started my computer up from scratch while still at school. Weed eater motor. Yeah - start up the comp and it sounds like a weed eater. Wtf? Well those were my thoughts, so two days after completion, it had to be unplugged again and taken in to the makers of it, along with dad's computer (the front USB port didn't work and never has) and my original speakers (not the white ones that in no way matched my computer). According to the boys, my speakers were fine (in which case I don't know why one of them just decided to stop working on me. Bastard), and I don't kow what the deal was with the comp, but it doesn't sound like it's starting up an engine and about to race out of my room on wheels anymore. It's an improvement.

So the electronics department of my room is finally in full swing.

Dad is back on the Atkins' Diet. Oh shoot me now. Before he actually wasn't like I thought he was, which meant no cookies and junk in the house still (hence the Nugget supplement), but things weren't ridiculously exclusive. How so? Dairy Queen Blizzards. I rest my case. But now he's on the diet, and in truth some things haven't changed that much, except now the Blizzards are out the window. *twitch* I had to get some more Nuggets today. I decided to go with dark chocolate. Better for you. I need to be careful of the wrappers though. My stomach was being kind of a bitch tonight and so I ate more than I really would have preferred to (I was seriously hungry and ate about 4 even though normally I only need 1 to shake the junkie craving). So there's a wrapper next to me and since the Internet is in no way linked to my computer I'm not in my room. Leaving it for dad to see will bring about bad, well, no - annoying things, I'ms ure. There's no cable in sight - Stacey suggested that when I have income pouring in we should get cable and I'd pay for it. I guess it's a good plan - after all, I'd be on that shit 24/7, and definitely on AIM more. I don't get on AIM much here because this stuff is slow, which means after an hour or so I want to get the hell out of here. Already my eyes are getting annoyed with the shitty light in here.

Blah blah blah.

Speaking of Stacey, her birthday was the 18th (huzzah!) and my plan, as was mentioned, was to go down that weekend and hang out with her that week. Bzzt! Wrong. The lovely Isuzu had an oil leak and didn't get fixed until late, which meant Chris's mom went on to new and different things since we'd cancelled out. However, there was a chance we were going to get back into it, but she'd already scheduled different stuff, so we were screwed and that means no visit to Stacey for me. And the bus options pretty much blow, as do the train options. I've checked before.

Writing goodies - see other blog.

Working out is going well, though I need to do some more arm workouts to tone up and some sit-ups if I want my nice tummy back. Something Sandra would like - the U of I stadium is now filled with U of I football players who happen to be practicing (many times with shirts off) while we backpack up and down the stairs. I've got 25lbs. in my pack (which is about 1/5 of my bodyweight), and the fun part is that this amazes both the coaches and the players. Occasionally I can see them staring up at one of us. Not sure why it's so awesome. I think it's the fact that we've got rather large looking packs. I guess to those who don't know much about hiking and all that jazz it looks pretty awesome. Ironically here I am, "God, they're still working out in this 90 degree weather and it's 12 o'clock? Screw that nonsense." The really weird thing is that now I'm out of college - so the guys who were so recently on my level if not older than me suddenly seem so much younger than me. Like I'm looking at some strange version of high school. Adding to that, just recently they painted some of the railings red. So now they're all red and white. ... Shouldn't they be orange and blue or something? Haha - it's my stadium now. My colors. Sha-zam.

A few final notes before I sign off I guess:

Jenni - I hear Kaleb is now out and about, so when did this happen? I must know...
Sandra - mom and I are watching all the Sex in the City DVDs. They make me think of you sometimes, hehe. By the way, you win the gold prize for calling - makes me feel special. ^_^
Derek - you made Superhero status in case you never heard. You've joined the ranks of Katie and Sandra. Why? Brian Regan (I had a spiderweb moment today) and Mitch Hedberg, that's why.
Shawn & Kiera - just wait until you see the newest story...

And I'm done.

MOOSEN!
2 Responses
  1. Derek Says:

    WOO! I saw a flock of moosen! There was many of 'em! Many much moosen!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I do read this thingy :) I don't remember what status I made...I was close to superhero but never truly made it, which is a shame :( When you find out about Kaleb from Jenni let me know too! Send pics if she sends you any :) ~Megan~