Nicole
Aaannnd we're back!

Welcome once again to Nicole's blog where you can find out basically anything you want about her life and brains just by reading through it. Of course you're still missing out on a few essential pieces of her mind (aka the crazy, semi-psychotic part that mulls over ways to kill people while walking through the park), but that's not important!

What is important is that a lot has gone down since the last post, which I don't even remember was about. *looks it up* Ok, so yeah, Kohl's. *shrug* Your basic retail except we recently installed new touchscreen registers so you get to look at one screen while I ring up your crap and poke at the other screen. It looks nice, but it'll take a little getting used to even though it is pretty much like the other registers. I don't mind all that much ringing crap up, it's just that when it's busy and I'm one of two people on the floor in the entire women's section, clothes from the fitting room pile up and clearance racks get all sorts of messed up, so then things get backed up there which lead to everyone staying later than necessary to clean it all up. Whoever in the Kohl's corporation area decided this was the best tactic is a dumbass and apparently has never worked a busy Kohl's floor. That's right pal - you suck at life. By the way, if you are one of those people who leave all of your 50 articles of clothing in the fitting room like you had some kind of clothes fiesta - stop. Just stop. And don't tell me if you are, otherwise I'll show up when you're least expecting it and punch you in the face. I could go on and on with this subject, but I'll leave that for an Epinions rant and suffice to say that people who say, "But Nicole, it's your job" don't take into account busy Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays when it becomes a numbers game. 50 people take in 5 pieces of clothing each - and that's a random selection of numbers using 1 fitting room. Most people take in oh, I dunno, 10-20 pieces of clothing? Cartfuls. Anyway, one person can only do so much.

Moving on and away from the job, I make up for my lack of full time (because they schedule me around 34 hours a week because they're too damn cheap to afford full time or just don't want to. Whatever) by the article writing. Of course, Kohl's gets in the way, but I do the other junk too, Epinions and surveys and whatnot. Maybe it doesn't exactly make up for full time, but it's something.

I've eaten way too much candy but I don't care. Mom and I are taking a cake decorating class at Michael's so that means I'm eating way too much frosting (aka Crisco and powdered sugar) and cake, but I don't much care about that either. I have, however, decided never to buy a chocolate fountain because doing so will mean an early death from overeating. There was one at work a few days before Easter and I might as well have injected pure chocolate into my veins. Rice crispy treats in melted milk chocolate are AWESOME by the way.

On to the serious stuff. It's official - Nicole is moving. Far, far away. That's right. The house is sold and we're going to be out of here by May 18th. See? Mah House

But what about graduate school? Ah, that too has been taken care of. Out of the 5 schools I applied to, 1 said no, 3 said yes, and the other one dropped off the face of the planet. Don't know what their deal is, but I've made my decision. I will be going to Seton Hill University, a smaller university but it has a nice program and a nice little town, though where exactly I'm going to be living is still somewhat up for grabs. It will take me 2 years to get my Master degree, and hopefully by then I'll have something ready to knock down the publishing doors or another plan in mind. I'm not working in retail the rest of my life.

And, well, that's the news. Aside from smaller things such as baby rabbits living in my backyard, mom and I trying to get rid of as much junk as we can before moving, me wanting to go shopping SUPER bad, the dog not getting any more canned food because of the recall, my car about to get its first oil change and official washing since buying it, me having to fill out financial aid pronto, and new Stargates airing tonight (those bastards killed off my Scottish man!), I think that's about all there is in life right now. I'll try to get in one more bloggy before we go. Wish me luck!

(By the way, who else saw 300? Eh, eh?? How awesome was that movie??)


WAY too much sugar...
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    It's true, 300 rocked my face clean off... But yeah, Seton Hall is pretty good. It was one of the places I was considering to go to for my Master's Degree. It does suck that you're going to be across the country though; it's just not the same with everybody elsewhere. "sigh" Anyway, you should come on down here to Springfield sometime to party it up with me and Sandra before you move. Alright, I have to go eat Ben and Jerry's "Stephen Colbert's American Dream" ice cream, which if you haven't tried it yet, also rocks my face. Later!

    -Boltwan


  2. Stacey Says:

    Soo, is cake icing really made out of Crisco and powdered sugar? Dude. Gross.