Nicole
So yeah. Been a while since that last spaz post. I mean to post a few days after that but...yeah. Anyway, a few things I've either discovered or forgot to mention:

I do answer to the name of Janice now.

I can still become invisible.

Discovery Cove kinda sucks.

I've realized why it may be harder for me to hook a guy - I look younger than I am. When I was 24, one of my co-workers (a girl a few years younger than me) thought I was 19. Everyone always guesses way lower than my actual age, and while that's all fine and dandy and going to work out well for me when I'm older, it's kinda shitty at the moment because if I see a handsome man of 27 or something, he's not going to look at me twice because he probably thinks I'm 20 or some shit. Great for walking across campus, bad for wanting to find an actual man as opposed to a college schmuck. Damn. It looks like I'll have to dress up and wear makeup more than I actually do (which is 1 out of every 30 days maybe) in order to potentially boost age-appearance. Even then I'm not sure it works. I think it does...for all I know I'm reinforcing the age concept. Damn. I'll have to ask around.

I find it funny that when gas started to go up again, no one started bitching. I'm willing to bet no one bitches until it's as high as it was last time. Idiots. I sure as hell bitch. Not much I can do about it, but I still bitch.

JPMorgan Chase can go suck a donkey. They broke the previous agreement between Washington Mutual and MyPoints, Inc. so now their credit card is going to turn into some shitty card with lame rewards. Once I pay off my current balance, I'm canceling that bitch. I should email MyPoints to see how their new card agreement is going.

I'm going to Florida in July. Who wants to join me?

My sister's wedding is inching closer and I'm going to freak out one of these days and buy one of the items on her list (...are they allowed to look at it after putting stuff on it? Cuz um...I'll probably be the first to buy something out of sheer paranoia). Hey, I decided on this thing WAY long ago and I'm going to be mega mad if someone else beats me to the punch.

I'm actually happier and more normal than I sound on this blog. I made cookies (A LOT of cookies) the other day, I enjoy my job, and we got our first thunderstorm of spring yesterday. Ok, so it's going to get cold and snow later in the week and it's not even March yet, but STILL. It's gonna come in like a lion and it was nice to just lie in bed all snuggled up and listen to it rumble.

I'm thinking of starting a tea campaign, if only to annoy the fuck out of the political heads and remind them that the people are still here. The idea? Simple. Get a bag of tea. Write a brief, to the point letter reminding them that they work for us, not themselves, and mail both items to a politician of your choice. Hey, it's just tea. They can't bust you for that. No joke. I am sriously, seriously considering doing it. I mean, just think - politicians all over getting hundreds of bags of tea every day. Sure, they're probably not going to be handling the mail themselves, but it would sure as hell show them that we're watching what they're doing and a lot of us are NOT happy about it, no matter what your political affiliation is. The point isn't to pick on dems or reps - the point is to remind them that THEY were voted in by US. THEY WORK FOR US. But most of them, on both sides, work only for themselves and it's just not cool any more. Hell, just think if that made the news: "Washington has lately been deluged by tea. In a statement that can only be reflecting the Boston Tea Party that helped spur the Revolution, citizens across the country have been sending bags of tea to politicians with letters reminding them of who they work for."

I should so fucking do it. Start up a website, take some pictures of the tea and the letters. Yeah.

Currently: A little crazy.
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hey, Florida definitely sounds like a good time. By the way, just so you know since you don't have facebook and I don't have your phone number, I am engaged to be married! My fiance Amy and I are looking at January next year, so hopefully I will have more information for you if you would be interested in coming back to Central Illinois around that time.

    - Anthony (Boltwan)